The time-honored tradition of Engineer’s Day returns to Sault Ste. Marie, MI. Since 1975 we have celebrated the founding of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and the events keep growing. Engineer’s Day is on the last Friday of June, and that falls on June 30th this year.
Friday, June 30, 2023, Engineer’s Day Events
- The Corps of Engineers is welcoming visitors to walk across the MacArthur Lock, the first floor of the Administrative Building is also open for visitors to tour. The Locks viewing platform will be open from 9am to 10pm.
- The Ferris Street to Osborn Boulevard section of Portage Avenue will be closed to vehicles to allow ample space for a wide variety of vendors to set up, make sure you stop by and see what they have to offer.
- The U.S. Coast Guard is having an open house from 9 am to 4pm.
- City Hall is hosting a craft show from 10am to 5pm on their grounds.
- Lake Superior State University Center for Freshwater Research and Education will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for tours.
- The Museum Ship Valley Camp and the Tower of History will be on extended hours, both closing at 7pm. (Valley Camp will sell their last ticket at 6pm and the Tower will sell their last ticket at 6:30pm)
- The River of History Museum will be open 11am to 5pm
You don’t want to miss this jam-packed day of fun!
For more information visit Soo Locks Engineers Weekend (saultstemarie.com)